In today’s world, need for infection control has never been greater. Our dentists and supporting staff our clinic are the most concerned about taking each and every precaution about transmission of such infections. Controlling bacterial contamination for transmission of such infections through sterilization is a vital and a customary process at all our clinics. All the processes modeled in our clinic are in complete accordance with Center of Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and are also designed in accordance with general practical utility. As per the risk of transmission of infections all our critical, semi-critical and even non-critical instruments are equally and vigilantly sterilized after each and every use on patient. All the critical and semi-critical instruments that are heat stable are sterilized after each and every use under high steam pressure (Autoclaving). Rest non heat stable equipments not meant for reuse are disposed off in a controlled environment. All the High-speed handpieces, Low-speed handpieces and all components used intraorally and reusable are independently and properly sterilized in a controlled environment as per their manufacturers’ instructions.
The sterilization protocol also taking place at our clinics includes:
• Autoclaving of all hand instruments twice a day on timely basis.
• Sterilization of dental burs used to remove decay from tooth using Disinfectant and autoclaving after every use.
• The suction tips used to eject saliva are customarily disposed after each and every use on patient.
• Files used for root canal treatments are sterilised in glass bead sterilizer.
• Strict disposal of all needles and syringes used to give anesthesia after use on every patient as per protocol.
• New sterilized gloves are used for each and every patient by the dentist as well as by the supporting staff.
• Dental chairs, switch of focus light, instrument tray, handpieces, air n water spray are wiped with disinfectant cotton for complete disinfection.
• The working platform of the clinic is continuously and timely cleansed with Disinfectant.
• Disposal of all dental waste is done in a controlled environment in different color bags depending upon infectious, non infectious, dry and wet type of wastes to ensure sterilization within working space.
These are some of the basic precautions taken place at our clinics to ensure our patients free of any infections and cross contamination.