In today’s world, the need for infection control has never been greater. Our dentists and supporting staff at our clinic are the most concerned about taking each and every precaution about the transmission of such infections. Controlling bacterial contamination for transmission of such infections through sterilization is a vital and customary process at all our clinics. All the processes modeled in our clinic are in complete accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and are also designed in accordance with general practical utility. As per the risk of transmission of infections all our critical, semi-critical, and even non-critical instruments are equally and vigilantly sterilized after each and every use on a patient. All the critical and semi-critical instruments that are heat stable are sterilized after each and every use under high steam pressure (Autoclaving). Rest non-heat stable equipment is not meant for reuse are disposed of off in a controlled environment. All the High-speed handpieces, Low-speed handpieces, and all components used intraorally and reusable are independently and properly sterilized in a controlled environment as per their manufacturers’ instructions.
The sterilization protocol also taking place at our clinics includes:
• Autoclaving of all hand instruments twice a day on a timely basis.
• Sterilization of dental burs used to remove decay from teeth using Disinfectant and autoclaving after every use.
• The suction tips used to eject saliva are customarily disposed of after each and every use on the patient.
• Files used for root canal treatments are sterilized in a glass bead sterilizer.
• Strict disposal of all needles and syringes used to give anesthesia after use on every patient as per protocol.
• New sterilized gloves are used for each and every patient by the dentist as well as by the supporting staff.
• Dental chairs, switch of focus light, instrument tray, handpieces, and air n water spray are wiped with disinfectant cotton for complete disinfection.
• The working platform of the clinic is continuously and timely cleansed with Disinfectant.
• Disposal of all dental waste is done in a controlled environment in different color bags depending upon the infectious, noninfectious, dry, and wet types of wastes to ensure sterilization within the working space.
These are some of the basic precautions taken place at our clinics to ensure our patients are free of any infections and cross-contamination.